Peru - Cajamarca, Women Producers
Versatile, round, and sweet with notes of red fruit and dark chocolate
|Fragrance/Aroma:||Floral, lemon balm, brown sugar, chocolate cherry, juniper|
|Acidity:||Bright, lively, citric|
|Flavor/Nuances:||Caramel, orange, apple, raspberry, cranberry punch, red grape, melon, raisin, chocolate truffles|
|Sweetness:||Red fruit, dark chocolate, brown sugar|
|Body/Mouthfeel:||Clean, balanced, round|
|Finish/Aftertaste:||Lingering, long lasting|
$5.58 / lb
|Farm:||Women Lima Coffee|
|Variety:||Catimor, Caturra, Bourbon, Typica|
About this coffee
The Women Coffee project with Lima Coffees puts a price premium paid directly to the contributing women farmers for each lot. Lima Coffees brings together 110 coffee-growing families led by women, heads of their groups. relatives and representatives of their own farms.
This program was born with the purpose of motivating coffee growers, and future generations of women, to empower themselves and take the initiative to improve their quality of life, to excel and make a sustainable life based on agriculture, reaching their full potential in the areas in which they wish to develop, having as a starting point the production of sustainable coffee.
This organization seeks to provide the necessary tools to make this possible.
There’s a workgroup made up of 2 representatives of the group of associated women of Lima Coffee
Representante – Isabel Paz Correa – Zona: Chirinos
Secretario – Olga Calle Chumacero – Zona: Ihuamaca
100% of the premiums go toward the women of the two groups, with 70% earmarked to help organize the group, and the other 30 percent to develop a program for empowerment of women at work, a program for economic development, savings and investment, a program of leadership development and leadership training, and a program for comprehensive well-being and gender equality.
Roast profile recorded on an MCR-6
|5:19||Green > Yellow|
There are no reviews yet.