We cupped out three Sumatrans and bumped into a Lintong which we couldn’t resist. The Lintong area surrounds Lake Toba on the northern edge of the island of Sumatra. Fresh harvest from late 2014. If you after a clean, distinct, lingering Sumatran, grab some here:
Sumatran Lintong, wet hulled/semi-washed process.
Varieties: Timtim, Borbor
Elevation: 1300 meters, 4300 feet
Prepped: 60g for 32oz finished coffee, Chemex/KONE3
▪ Fragrance – florals, cedar
▪ Aroma – Light – caramel, black pepper
▪ Acidity – Medium
▪ Flavor/nuances – Malt, molasses licorice, grapefruit pulp undertones, slight baker’s chocolate
▪ Body/mouthfeel – Medium, very clean. No defects.
▪ Finish/aftertaste – Sweet finish, lingers extensively. Again, clean
Comments: The best Sumatran on the table with stiff competition. A unique Sumatran. No “forest floor.”