Cafiza Espresso Machine Cleaning Powder
- Eliminates coffee residue and oils from espresso machine group heads, valves and lines
- Specially formulated to clean heavily soiled equipment in a professional setting
- Powder format allows for easy and controlled dosing
- Recommended for use as part of a daily backflush regimen
- Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) listed and NSF certified
- 20 ounce container
This item typically leaves our Minneapolis warehouse within 1-2 business days of payment.
We offer several carriers & speeds. Add items to your cart to calculate your options.
How to backflush
- Insert blind filter in portafilter and add up to 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) of Cafiza Powder.
- Insert portafilter into group head. Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Remove portafilter and activate brew cycle and rinse portafilter in stream of water from group head.
- Reinsert portafilter without cleaning powder. Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Replace blind filter with standard basket. Make a cup of espresso to remove any traces of cleaner.
- Discard espresso - do not drink.
How to clean parts and accessories
- Create a soaking solution using 6 g of powder for every liter of hot water.
- Place dirty part in the cleaning solution. If soaking a portafilter, do not submerge the handle.
- Allow the part to soak for 30 minutes.
- Remove the part and rinse with fresh water.