Mill City has adapted its industry-leading education programs to allow you to jump start your coffee roasting career from afar.
LIVE Online Group Class
Three Sessions • 12 Hours Total
- Talks, Demonstration, Q&A via Zoom.
- ‘Class Box’ shipped to you before class with coffee, samples, cupping spoons, grading mat to take your experience to the next level. See, smell and taste along with your instructors and the entire class.
- Multi-cam shots so you don’t miss a thing.
Built for beginners or entrepreneurs looking to broaden their understanding of foundational coffee roasting theory.
$600 – $800
Private or Small Group Instruction
One Session • 6 Hours Total
- Hands-on roasting & cupping exercise that reinforce the concepts learned in Roasting 101.
- Students that own a roaster can complete this class remotely.
- ‘Class Box’ shipped to you before class with greens to roast and roasted coffee to cup.
- Taught 1-on-1 or in small groups for focused instruction.
Structured exercises and tutorials to put your Roasting 101 knowledge into practice.
$300 – $900
QUARTERLY PROFILING PROJECT
A guided profiling project each Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall.
Every season, our own Derek De La Paz will choose two green coffees to put through their paces. Participants can roast along and share the experience (and maybe their coffee) with the group.
Join us and other coffee roasters around the world as we roast together. #MCRQuarterly
$50/QUARTER + GREENS
Additional Support & Training
Get help when you need it.
via Zoom or Skype
- Seasoning a new-to-you machine can be nerve-wracking. Let’s do it together.
- FREE with every new Mill City Roaster.
$150/HOUR or FREE
via Phone, Zoom or Skype
Roasting • Profile Design • Green Coffee Buying • Coffee Evaluations • Blend Creation • Extraction Programs • Barista Training