60 Kilogram Coffee Roaster with Loader, MC-60
At the top of our line, the MC-60 model coffee roasters have sparked a quiet revolution in roast quality at the full bag scale.
The MCR-60 is capable of maintaining the most delicate flavor profiles at an industrial scale daily production volume.
The MCR-60 is built on a gigantic two piece double walled and fully insulated monolithic weldment chassis specifically calculated for maximum stability, fuel efficiency and pinpoint roast control. The roaster is equipped with dedicated high pressure centrifugal blower roaster exhaust and cooling tray fans that allow for simultaneous roasting and cooling. It is fully RoastPATH Automation capable.
Because of the large size of the machine and the height of the charging hopper, we include a high performance “rapid fill” pneumatic coffee loader with programmable integrated scale with every roaster. This system allows a single operator to easily exceed over 3400 lbs of the highest quality finished coffee per day.
Surprisingly responsive for such a massive piece of equipment, both the burner set and roast and cooling tray fans are massively oversized. The all-digital control system integrates seamlessly with RoastPATH®, including the highly requested Roast Replay feature. During the roast, RoatsPATH® automatically logs BT, ET, IT and DT temperature readings, as well as fuel setting changes, and fan, fuel and drum speed adjustments. Direct drum pressure is also logged as a feedback loop for operator controlled roast airflow changes.
Total control over your fuel, fan and drum speed allows you remarkable flexibility in your batch size. You can easily scale your batch size up or down without sacrificing quality to focus on a special green or small project.
This model includes the Operator Assist System which automatically recovers to production charge temperature settings, starts timers, and triggers the cooling tray fan and stirring arms off/on at discharge from the drum or cooling tray. It can be configured to automatically charge the drum and discharge into the cooling tray upon the conclusion of the roast. This system also incorporates position sensors that make it nearly impossible to accidentally discharge green coffee from the drum into a cooling tray filled with roasted coffee.
The roaster features emergency water quench connection on both the chaff collector and the roaster faceplate and drum.
The high capacity cooling tray and powerful over built stirring arms are designed to hold 3 full batches for double-duty post-roast blending. The enormous high performance dual cooling fans cool 2nd crack roasts within 4 minutes.
- Choose from three optional layouts using our Quick-Connect kits to arrange components and exhuast -or- request a custom layout
- Optional UL® NSF (National Food Safety) package.
Next available: Call for availability.
THE MC-60 CREATES $10,138 PER HOUR
Roasting 4 full batches an hour on an MCR-60 creates over 422 pounds of roasted coffee every hour. This yield is enough roasted coffee to fill more than 563 12-ounce bags. With a retail value of $18 per 12-ounce bag, you can create $10,138 of retail coffee per hour.
Want to see how your business expenses stack up against that income? Use our Roaster Income Calculator to use your real-life expenses and find a roaster capacity that works for your business plan.
- Fully integrated green coffee loader with programmable scale.
- High efficiency filtration removes green coffee dust. Reduces roaster fouling and improves air quality inside your spaces.
- Monolithic, low carbon steel weldment – the heaviest constructed roasters in their class.
- Fully gusseted for dimensional strength and stability.
- Fully coated to prevent corrosion.
- Integrated double-walled roast compartment is heavily insulated which further converts the chassis into a thermal battery – storing heat, rather than wasting it.
- Materials in both the chassis and the roast compartment absorb heat more efficiently and release heat more consistently for increased stability of temperatures during profiling.
- Trapping heat = trapping noise. Ambient drum noise is limited to a whisper quiet 60 decibels making it easier to hear those early outliers before first crack.
- Double-wall, stainless steel drums standard on every model. The heaviest, most-efficient drum design in the industry.
- Construction accuracy is machine trued to within +/- .025”.
- 3mm air gap between inner and outer drum diffuses heat more evenly throughout inner drum.
- Diffused heat at inner wall eliminates conductive roast defect, even at higher inlet temperatures.
- Dramatically increased thermal efficiency by storing & using heat, rather than quickly releasing.
- “Bomb proof” construction prevents warping due to loss of electrical service caused drum fires.
- Every model equipped with quick response, variable drum speed allowing the operator to achieve ideal bean loft and conductive vs. convective ratio. Result is the flexibility to profile batches from 20%-120% of listed drum capacity on most models.
- Advanced drum gap adjustment mechanism is standard on all models two kilogram capacity or greater, making adjustments easier and more precise.
- Custom-designed low loss gas train designed by Mill City Roasters and used exclusively in our roaster line-up.
- Custom burners designed specifically for coffee roasting.
- Burner layout is specific to each model to achieve optimal burner-to-drum relationship.
- Easy access, external shut-off valves on every roaster.
- Built-in temperature limiters to allow for safe operation.
- Built-in safety shut-off on pilot valve.
- Easy on-site conversion from LP to natural gas.
- Digital electronic modulating valve offering greater control for your most challenging profiles in variable batch sizes.
- Fuel adjustments at the push of a button.
- RoastPATH Automation ready digital control system.
- Automated between batch protocol.
- Automated operative assist cooling and stirring arm activation.
- Automated roast timer display.
- RoastPATH automated charge and discharge.
Air & Exhaust
- Power-vented dual exhaust system standard on every model with fan placement designed to allow for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Roaster exhaust fan is high pressure, high output 3-phase VFD speed controlled with linear response curve for more predictable and more precise airflow control and roast profiles repeatability.
- Cooling tray exhaust fan is a dedicated, high-pressure fan providing rapid cooling to stop roast progression once batch is dropped in cooling tray. Dual exhaust system allow for simultaneous roasting and cooling, reducing back-to-back batch times and increasing production to 4+ batches per hour.
- All machines include face-mounted digital drum pressure gauge.
- All models equipped with dedicated, off-board chaff filtering collectors with easy access doors to aid in frequent clearing of chaff and completion of safety checks.
- Optional quick-release venting kits available for every model.
- Fully specified requirements for venting to termination including layout and cap recommendations.
- Fan adjustments at the push of a button.
- Constructed to CSA/UL ANSI Z83.11 standard. IEC, CE, ROHS certified.
- Built in emergency water quench for drum and chaff collector.
- CSA/UL certified Honeywell automatic ignition controller
- All UL/CSA certified Delta PLCs and VFDs.
- CSA/UL certified motors, relays, switches, and wiring.
- Optional UL® NSF Certification available on every model.
- Entire contact path of roaster (hopper, loading chute, faceplate, trier, drum, discharge gate, discharge chute, cooling tray cover, cooling tray floor, stirring/mixing arms, cooling tray gate, cooling tray latch, cooling tray gate) all custom fabricated with certified food grade stainless.
- Teflon cooling tray wipers.
- Heavy duty 5mm x 44mm Borosilicate heat resistant sight glass.
- Food service safe LED light.
- Food safe resin-impregnated trier handle.
- Stirring arms automatically stop when the cooling tray cover is opened.
Install & Maintain
- Designed with dual on-board cooling fans and stand-alone chaff collectors to allow for easier moving, better access and easier maintenance.
- Removable hoppers on all models.
- Adjustable leg heights on all floor mounted components.
- Quick-Connect Venting Kits available for all external venting connections.
- Swing away control cabinet for easy access to cooling fans.
- Roaster body features removable access doors on all sides for easy access to interior components.
- Cooling tray fully disassembles and features large, full swing, removable access doors on both sides for easier cleaning.
- Direct access to the Mill City Roasters Engineering, Support, and Roastery Education teams.
Planning & Installation
Layout G (Ganged exhaust lines)
Layout gangs dual exhausts into to one connection point above the chaff collector. Only usable in spaces with straight up, thru-roof terminations. This layout allows owner to install one exhaust line to termination.
|Assembled size with loader|
(w x d)
|12’-9” x 14’-9”|
(3.89m x 4.50m)
(w x d)
|18’-9” x 19’-3”|
(5.72m x 5.87m)
Additional layout options
The majority of installations of this model use Layout G but if you have a site condition that doesn't allow, let's work together to find a solution.
Operates on LP gas or natural gas. Requires commercial gas pressure via 1/2" NPT connection. See installation manual for detailed pressure requirements.
Burners arrive configured for LP gas but can be converted for natural gas using our easy, on-site conversion kit.
We can also help sourcing the correct gas regulator for your installation and talk your installer through any questions they have regarding gas pressure.
Requires a dedicated three phase circuit, 208/110VAC, 30A, 50-60Hz.
Unit arrives with an industrial gauge unterminated power cord measuring 10 feet (3 meters) that can be hardwired into a junction box or installed using a locking plug/receptacle per your local code.
Requires dedicated Category III, Positive Pressure exhaust line(s) to carry exhaust from roaster drum & cooling tray to termination outdoors.
See installation manual for maximum runs, minimum heat ratings and clearance-to-combustible requirements. Our Design Team offers free consult to help you make a plan for your building.
Take a closer look
Water quench port, custom sample spoon tryer and precision drum adjustment mechanism.
All stainless-steel stirring arms turn coffee over uniformly for quicker cooling.
All stainless steel quick disconnect venting kit for easy access and maintenance.
Infinitely adjustable open flame atmospheric burners offer more precise application of heat throughout the roast.
Easy access to all CSA and UL components and wiring.
Custom built low pressure drum gauge verifies airflow settings and can indicate the need for fan or vent cleaning.
Custom designed and fabricated precision drum adjustment mechanism.
High efficiency loader filter reduces green coffee dust inside and outside the roaster.
Powerful fully filtered lifting fan on every loader.
Pneumatic green coffee loader with programmable scale.